Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MADONNA+MARIPOL+MARC= 80's inspired JUNQUE for Marc Jacobs

I don't know about you but I LOVE MADONNA. I think she is the embodiment of a true Lioness...constantly evolving. An inspiration to all of us ladies to fear not and go for your dreams. At least I can speak for myself in saying that. Why? Let's take a trip back to the 1980's. Me, a young, private catholic schooled little lioness with a very european family influence= a confident free spirit with big ideas and tons of creative energy...discovers..............
Like many of you....this entire look, lyric, and freedom spoke to my heart. I LOVED MADONNA. I rocked those jelly bracelets, crosses, and I dressed as up as Madonna every Halloween.  When I learned we were both Leo's...I bought my first astrology book. Yup. True story.


Well...the lady behind the FANTASTIC JUNQUE and costumes? MARIPOL!!! Madge's friend in the city.


So...let's now catch up to 2010. MARIPOL meets Marc Jacobs and creates a collection of fun, inexpensive pieces (under $50) for Marc. So go ahead...you can feel "Like a Virgin" all over again:)

P.S. How cute is it that Madonna and her daughter, Lourdes, are designing a clothing line. Apparently Lourdes, 30 years later, also is inspired by her mom's 1980's look. Recycle your fashion!:) Although I do  prefer the late 60's and 70's myself:)